654 subscribers a community for 2 weekslast post unknown [+]
Welcome to /r/ProMUA! This is a community for and by professional makeup artists. To contribute to the sub, we require that you submit at least two forms of proof of your professional credentials from the following list:
- IMDB Listing
- Dedicated website with portfolio (social media does not count)
- Proof of a recent makeup job
- Paid advertisement for your services
- Proof of completion of makeup school program
- Valid/in date makeup pro cards showing your name
- Proof of employment as a MUA at a counter/shop/salon
Basically, show us proof that you take makeup seriously as a career, even if you're just starting out!
Once approved, please edit your flair to reflect your location, Instagram handle if applicable, and amount of experience. You may also include the primary "type" of work that you do, such as bridal, film/TV, retail, stage, SFX, or freelance. This is to reflect your background as an artist and give other users context when making and responding to posts/comments. For current students, all we require is proof of enrollment, and your flair should indicate that you are still a student.
Not a pro or a student? Head over to /r/muacjdiscussion! Many of us are over there as well.